Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Polenta


Polenta. A very interesting meal. I found some at the store and figured it would be a fun thing to try, never having made it before.
I start cooking by sauteing onions and such and I realized I didn't have an ingredient. So, logically, I asked my boyfriend to go to the store for me. On his way out the door, I asked him to take out the trash. Unfortunately for me, the trash was where the polenta cooking instructions were. So I gunned it. I have no idea if this was how it was suppose to taste, but it wasn't bad. It had a nice corn meal like texture and added a sweetness to the dish. Maybe next time, I wont throw away the directions. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol thats funny! Totally something I would/have done. I can't wait to taste polenta, I've been wanting to try it for a while too : )

Sara said...

Ooohhh, that looks really good. I haven't tried making polenta yet, I'll have to put that on my list.

http://thosearethemoneybeets.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

mmm... polenta! i love them! it looks so yummy!