I was also blessed enough to get three new collections to my recipe book stack, Veganomicon, Eat, Drink and Be Vegan and Vegan Baking. All are just amazing. Non vegans even love the recipes so much they ask for them. I actually need to sit down and plan all the recipes I'm going to be preparing soon :)
Other than that, I have some pictures from a Mexican Fiesta that I never posted.
I made a soy ceviche, guacamole (not shown), a Mexican casserole with chreese and a peanut butter, banana, chocolate philo pastry. It was my first experience with philo dough and thankfully wasn't as hard as I had imagined it. I had put off working with the dough for a while now because I thought it would be too hard and too much of a hassle to use. It turned out great though!
I also fell victim to the survey thats being passed around and figured why not :P
- Favorite non-dairy milk? -So Nice-chocolate (strangely its the only chocolate milk (vegan/nonvegan) that I like)
2 . What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
AHHH there’s so many. I really want to try the Chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon, along with its chile cornmeal crusted tofu and chewy chocolate raspberry cookies.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I still cannot get the apple cake to work. It comes out looking really pretty and then tastes like bread L
5. Favorite pickled item?
Pickles themselves! I love pickles!
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I use my computers to keep track of all my recipes that I love. I also have a file cabinet that keep track of each type of recipe in meal type order for backup!
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash and recycle.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Foods or meals? I’d for sure bring garlic, bread, and mushrooms.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Easy bake oven :P
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic. Hands down.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Sinfully Vegan-by far, not my favorite.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Lemon garlic pasta from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Frozen peas, Frozen blueberries, Frozen corn.
20. What's on your grocery list?
Too many items. I’d be poor if I bought them all lol!
21. Favorite grocery store?
Frazier Farmers, Sprouts.
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
I have so many blogs that I read, but I’d have to say my top three are:
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Hmmm. I don’t really have a favorite chocolate bar, but Endangered Species chocolates are wonderful!
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Um, maybe philo dough?