Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Soy Jerky and Cuban Black Beans Over Rice

While shopping for some ingredients for the night’s dinner, I came across some vegan jerky that I had not seen before. Now, I've had vegan jerky before. Usually it's in a circular shape with what looks to be the texture of a fruit roll up (although much tougher). The jerky normally doesn't go well with me and I will end up feeling sick after eating it.

This jerky however looked a bit different and I want to go ahead and try it. Despite the interesting smell, the jerky was really good and had a good texture. I didn't get sick afterwards which is great news. The company is called, Tasty Eats. I had the Tandoori Chick'n flavored one, which was really quite interesting.



For dinner, I made Cuban Black Beans over rice with extra tomatoes. I put in jalapeños to make it extra spicy.



I was having trouble with the lighting for the camera, so you’ll have to excuse my images.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Amy)
Yummy!! How did you get the rice to be so pretty?

Patricia Conner said...

OMG, i'm drooling.