Sunday, January 06, 2008

Esme's Pasta


This dish was amazing. I was doing a search on Flickr for vegan foods (because that's apparently what I do on my free time) and this wonderful pasta popped up. It was so inviting I had to try it. I was a bit skeptical when I first put the sauce on, but then I added some pea's and bread crumbs and baked it for about 10 mins. When it came out, it was just amazing.

I suggest everyone try it :P

Here is the recipe I pull off VeganYumYum's website:

Esme’s Sauce
Serves two

2 Tbs Tahini
2 Tbs Miso (any, but sweet white is nice!)
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs nutritional yeast or mustard
2 Tbs Lemon Juice or Vinegar
A few cloves of garlic (I left this out)
2 Tbs Mirin (optional)

*All amounts are approximate, play around!

Boil the pasta, drain it, put the pot back on the warm stove. Make the sauce in the hot empty pot, then add the hot pasta back to it. The heat of the pan and the pasta helps melt down the tahini and miso.

1 comment:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

mmmm, a vegan yum yum recipe! those are always good, and looks like i have it all except the optional! great idea! happy 2008!