Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Adobo, Lumpia and soap!

When I was a kid, one of my friend's mom would always make wonderful Philipino food. Two of my favorites were adobo and lumpia. I wanted to try and veganize the meal and gave it my best shot today. The lumpia was actually really good. I used fake ground beef with sauteed onions for the filling and used the rooster sauce as, well, the sauce.

The adobo however, came out way to salty and will have to be worked on. I'm not sure if it was just the fake chikn or the amount of soy sauce used.

The picture isn't the best, but you get the idea.



I'm also working on making my holiday presents. Soap is by far my favorite to make and is one of the most relaxing things for me to do. I use an olive oil base, so there are no animal products in my soap. I have so far green tea soap, holiday wassel , chai tea, and lemon grass apricot. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Vegan_Noodle said...

What a cool idea to make your own soap as gifts!! They look beautiful....